Discerning buyers in Park City are often seeking several core features in a home: luxurious details, proximity to amenities, and privacy are just a few. In Park City, you can find all this and more in our incredible gated communities.
In an area as luxurious and exclusive as Park City, it’s sometimes difficult to decide on what’s “best.” As proud residents, we can be a bit biased, and the idea of something being “the best” is hugely subjective. When it comes to gated communities in Park City, it can be even more challenging to round up the best of the best, since each community has its own unique offerings and value.
Whether you’re looking for exclusive ski access, year-round fun, or a luxurious private getaway, there is a Park City gated community for you.
Here are our top picks for some of the best gated communities in Park City.
Situated in Upper Deer Valley, just above Silver Lake Village, Bald Eagle is a premier gated community with exceptional access to Deer Valley Resort skiing as well as the exclusive shops and restaurants in Silver Lake Village.
Homes in this community range in size, and are located on larger lots with plenty of privacy. The views are immaculate, and homeowners appreciate the safety and sense of seclusion.
The entrance to Bald Eagle is located on Royal Street. With 24-hour supervision, the community prioritizes the safety and serenity of its residences, ensuring very strict entry rules.
Learn more about the Park City lifestyle with these posts:
- How to Buy a Ski-In, Ski-Out Home in Park City?
- Why Park City is the Best Mountain Town to Live In
- Deer Valley Vs. Park City: What Homeowners Need to Know
With its luxurious homes, pristine landscape, and exclusive privacy, Deer Crest is a special gated community in Park City for a few reasons.
Perfectly blending “tranquility and convenience,” Deer Crest gives residents the feeling of living in a secluded private paradise while also remaining accessible and close to amazing Park City amenities.
It’s the only gated community on our list with two gates, making it one of the easiest communities for frequent fliers. You can access both Salt Lake City International Airport and the Heber Valley Private Airport via the interstate–no traffic lights, no stopping, easy access.
Additionally, Deer Crest is within walking distance to the ultra-luxurious 5-star Hotel St. Regis. Perfectly situated if you are hosting guests or wish to pop in for a nice dinner or drinks for your apres ski.
Learn more about Deer Crest right here.
The Colony at White Pine Canyon
This award-winning community was said to have set a “new standard for on-mountain living.” And, it delivers! With spacious homesites, captivating natural beauty all around, and world-class outdoor amenities at your fingertips, The Colony has everything you could ever want from a gated community.
One of the most unique features of The Colony is the size of the lots. Homesites here are large, providing ample opportunities to build secondary houses or outbuildings. While the community does boast ski-in, and ski-out possibilities, another unique aspect of the area is the year-round amenities. Residents here ski in the winter and can enjoy biking, hiking, horseback riding, and more in the summer.
Ask any avid skier where the best place to start a powder day and they will likely have the same answer: Empire Pass. Red Cloud homeowners have the exclusive luxury of living at the very top of Empire Pass, making it one of the most sought-after ski-in, ski-out communities in Park City.
Beyond the ski appeal, homes in Red Cloud boast privacy with large lots, and properties set back from the road and surrounded by mature trees.
And to top it all off, Red Cloud residents have access to the exclusive Talisker Club, offering numerous amenities under one membership including ski, golf, dining, wellness, fitness, and more. You’ll feel like you’re living in a big ski resort but with all the benefits and security of a private gated community.
Brush up on your Park City knowledge with these posts next:
- Real Estate Rewind: Taking a Look Back at Park City’s Most Prestigious Neighborhoods
- Deer Valley Vs. Aspen: What Resort Town is Best?
- Timeless Charm: Does Park City Have Historic Homes?
Perhaps lesser-known than some of the big gated communities in Park City, Knoll Estates makes our list for its incredible ski access. Located closer to Silver Lake Village, homes in Knoll Estates are within walking distance of the slopes. You can keep your boots and skis at the base of the mountain, and access the hill right behind the Chateaux at Silver Lake.
Perfect for someone looking for security and privacy without forsaking proximity to amenities, Knoll Estates is a short walk away from dining, shopping, and more.
Park City Gated Communities for Golfers
Proximity to skiing is a big selling feature of Park City gates communities. But what if your main hobbies include teeing off for a round of golf?
You’re in luck. In addition to the exceptional ski-in, ski-out gated communities, we have an entirely new category specifically tailored to golfers. Golf gated communities are different than the ski properties, and often include ultra-luxurious amenities, full golf course access, and attachments to ski areas just for good measure.
Some of the most prominent golf gated communities in Park City are:
- Tuhaye – This luxurious gated community offers custom-built homes and townhouses with unparalleled access to amenities through the Talisker Club Membership. The community overlooks the Jordanelle Reservoir, Deer Valley, and Mt. Timpanogos, offering the perfect blend of natural wonders and access to outdoor recreation.
- Victory Ranch – Emphasizing conversvation and outdoor recreation with the thread of luxury and privacy running through everything, Victory Ranch is a unique golf gated community offering unmatched access to year-round amenities and activities. With beautiful unique homes, spectacular homesites waiting for your vision, and a residences club complete with fractional ownership cabins, Victory Ranch is a must-see if you’re looking for year-round living in Park City.
- Red Ledges – Situated just 15 minutes from Deer Valley in Heber Valley, Red Ledges is a premier golf and amenity-driven gated community that is always expanding its offerings. With opportunities to purchase a luxury residence or your own homesite to build upon, you can craft your dream lifestyle here.
- Glenwild – As one of Park City’s most exclusive golf clubs and spas, Glenwild is a gated community for the most discerning homeowner. The top-rated golf course, luxurious clubhouse, world-class dining, and spectacular views are only a few of the reasons to consider Glenwild.
- Promontory – An iconic Park City institution, Promontory first debuted over 20 years ago. Since then, it’s been a top choice for homeowners looking for a “one-of-a-kind mountain retreat.” Overlooking Park City, Promontory residents enjoy amenities such as access to numerous golf courses, world-class dining, beach club, spas, equestrian center, and more.
Looking for some fun facts about living in Park City? Read our post: Things You Didn’t Know About Living in Park City right here.
Does Park City Have Residential Gated Communities?
If you’re looking for a full-time Park City residence, numerous residential gated communities can check a lot of the boxes you may be looking for. Some of the premier residential gated communities in Park City include:
- Quarry Mountain – Located off Old Ranch Road, Quarry Mountain is perfect for homeowners looking for multi-acre properties. Perhaps you’re looking for a luxury horse property? Or maybe you just want to wake up in the morning and take in the expansive views, Quarry Mountain is the go-to for spacious estates.
- Red Hawk – With proximity to the freeway, this gated community offers convenient access without compromising on the privacy and splendor of nature. Red Hawk properties are situated on multi-acre parcels of land with the opportunity to keep horses. With panoramic views of the ski hills, Red Hawk homes are private, secluded, and close to nature. Keep your eyes open for wildlife roaming the neighborhood.
- Moose Hollow – Located in Jeremy Ranch, Moose Hollow is close to Park City Main Street while maintaining its sense of privacy and space. With luxurious, large homes, Moose Hollow is a sought-after gated community.